On January 21st, 2018 eight lovely individuals graduated from the first ever Elemental Yoga 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program. This was a 138 day journey. We trained to become teachers and to become better students of life.
The Elemental Yoga Teacher Training is the heart of what we offer at Elemental Yoga. I teach Yoga to other people because I have found it to be the most fulfilling way to spend my time and the best way to remain accountable on my path of self-realization.
We teach what one might imagine in a Yoga Teacher Training: that is- movement, breath, alignment and safe cueing... We also teach a lot more than what you might expect:
1) We follow closely the teachings of Classical Ashtanga Yoga as outlined in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, passed down directly from Baba Hari Dass.
2) From the time that I spent with Baba Hari Dass, I regard him as the most Christlike figure that I have ever encountered. He is a living embodiment of contentment, compassion and tolerance.
3) We place a major emphasis on the development of a daily spiritual practice that includes self-study, breath work and meditation. Students learn a series of breathing exercises and meditations. They are equipped not only to practice these methods on their own upon graduation, but also to teach these methods to others.
3) We are thorough and repetitive in providing the teachers-in-training the opportunity to Teach during the program. This causes what they are learning to become a part of who they are.
4) When the students graduate from the program, they can freely assist classes. This continues the education process and nourishes the relationships built in the training.
5) We teach the Bhagavad Gita. This scripture is said to contain the essence of all the Vedas combined. It is concise and poignant and shares all the main teachings of Yoga through the loving conversation of teacher and disciple.
Yoga is life for me. There is nothing I would rather spend my time doing, studying or teaching. This shows in the teachings and aids me to convey with passion, honesty, yearning and clarity the essence of what Yoga is.
The next 200 Hour Elemental Yoga Teacher Training Program begins Wednesday May 16th, 2018. Will you join us?