ANIMAL SHELTER POKER RUN!!
On Saturday, October 3rd, the Weatherford Parker County Animal Shelter (WPCAS) will host a charitable Poker Run with the top three hands winning either a $500 cash prize, a pistol donated by Tequila Bar y Grill, or a two night stay at the Angel’s Nest Bed and Breakfast with a luxurious spa package from The Haven.
So how does it work?
1. Participants register to play. Entry fee is a $30 donation to the Animal Shelter. Donation receipts will be given and larger donations are always appreciated. Tickets can be purchased at the WPCAS prior to the event or, on the day of the event from 11:00am – 2:00pm at Peacock’s Feed and Supply located at 122 W. Water Street in Weatherford, TX.
2. On October 3, participant entry starts at 11:00 a.m. at Peacock’s Feed and Supply. Start at Peacock’s to collect your t-shirt supporting the WPCAS and to start the run.
3. Participants visit at least five of the eight participating businesses to collect a playing card. Each business will hand out only one card per player; however, participants can visit all eight businesses to better their hand. Participating businesses that are handing out cards include:
a. Antebellum Ale House, 321 E. Oak Street
b. Downtown Café, 101 W. Church Street
c. Shep’s Place, 816 S. Main Street
d. Sweet Springs Winery, 215 N. Main Street
e. Tequila Bar y Grill, 2150 Tin Top Road
f. Twisted Snifter, 111 N. Main Street
g. Vintage Grill and Car Museum, 202 Fort Worth Highway
h. Yesterday’s, 201 N. Main Street
4. Each business will have something fun to attract people into their business such as offering appetizers, specials on drinks or meals, free merchandise or even wine tastings. There is no need to rush. Participants are encouraged to take their time, have a drink or a meal, and enjoy themselves at each stop. This is a great way to check out some of our local businesses!
5. Everyone will meet at Tequila Bar y Grill by 5:00pm to see who the winners are!
For any questions, contact the WPCAS at 817-598-4111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.